Cloud server hosting has gained immense popularity in the recent past and the trend is likely to grow over the future.
So, what exactly is cloud hosting?
Well, to put in the simplest form, the resources required to maintain your website are spread across more than one web server and can be across the different geographical location.
Technically your website does not just rely on one server but a cluster of servers that work together often mentioned as “the cloud” which helps to keep your website up and running.
Cloud hosting greatly reduces the chances of any downtime resulting due to server malfunctioning.
Another advantage is, it allows to manage peak load efficiently without bandwidth issues since another server can provide an additional resource in such cases.
2018’s Best Cloud Server Hosting List at glance:
I have been monitoring all web hosting companies Uptime Scores over the years. See details below:
Type of Cloud Server Hosting:
Most cloud server hosting is categorized as a public cloud.
Let us briefly understand the different types of cloud server hosting.
1. Public Cloud Server Hosting: A public cloud hosting provides services and infrastructure to the public and also own the onus to secure the infrastructure. The resources are usually available to multiple owners.
This also includes some tight security measures to ensure that your data remains private and secure.
2. Private Cloud Server Hosting: A private cloud server hosting is conducive in cases where security is more of a concern. These are dedicated to one organization or business and often have much more security controls.
You get to control the resource allocation completely
3. Hybrid Cloud Server Hosting: This is a combination of public and private cloud server hosting. Certain general services and customer-facing contents are placed over the public cloud and the more confidential information is placed over a private cloud.
4. Community Cloud Server Hosting: This includes sharing of infrastructure between several organizations belonging to a specific community with common concerns such as security, compliance etc.
5. Distributed Cloud Server Hosting: Such a hosting includes several sets of servers distributed in different locations. A lot of cloud hosting providers give a combination of these different hosting options to leverage the use of infrastructure efficiently.
This could vary from Cloud VPS hosting or Cloud Dedicated hosting to Private Cloud hosting or a configurable cloud service where you can choose to alter system configurations based on your requirement.
Definitely, cloud hosting is the best alternative to high-end websites and this requires extensive research before you choose any specific provider or any specific plan.
Let me walk you through the Top 7 cloud server hosting options.
1. InMotion Hosting
InMotion is one of the largest web hosting companies. It was launched in 2001 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
They host a number of options which includes- Dedicated servers, VPS or Cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, Business hosting or shared web hosting.
- Enhanced speed and performance with 4 GB to 8 GB RAM, starting with 75 GB SSD storage and 4 TB bandwidth
- Provides live-state and scheduled snapshots which is a backup of the VPS instance, as a failsafe to rollback to in case of issues
- Provides dedicated IP
- Offers resource monitoring dashboard
- Unlimited websites allowed
- Flexible with self-managed and managed hosting
- In case of failure, can easily switch to backup server without downtime
- Good customer support
- Domain registration is free
- Free Backups
- Included SSH access and free SSL
- E-commerce optimized
- Managed hosting includes DDoS attack protection
- Free website migration
- Domain privacy is charged separately
- High priced and expensive renewal
- Managed hosting includes more security and privacy add-ons as compared to self-managed hosting
- cPanel is not part of Self-managed hosting
InMotion’s Cloud Hosting Plans
90-Day Money Back Guarantee
FastComet has been into web hosting business for over 9 years and has launched the public cloud hosting services in 2013.
It is based out of San Francisco, California. It supports shared web hosting, Cloud VPS hosting and Dedicated hosting.
- Provides high speed with starter plan supporting 2 TB data transfer and 2 GB ECC (Enterprise Network Server memory) RAM
- High performance with basic plan supporting 50 GB SSD web space and all plans support unlimited websites
- Flexible across the different plans with a support to maximum Single-Core 2.5GHz CPU Power
- Free SSH and free website transfer
- Free CloudFlare CDN
- Security, Backup, and 24/7 server monitoring included as part of the plan
- Good customer support
- Renewal prices same as initial price, with no surprises
- The Cloud VPS architecture provides reliable services and extremely great speed but makes it expensive with a basic plan of $59.95 per month
- There is a separate setup fee
- Domain privacy and offsite cloud backups are charged separately
FastComet Cloud Hosting Plans
VPS Cloud 1
VPS Cloud 2
VPS Cloud 3
VPS Cloud 4
|SSD Space||50 GB||80 GB||160 GB||320 GB|
|CPU||Single-Core 2.5GHz||Dual-Core 2.5GHz||Quad-Core 2.5GHz||Hexa-Core 2.5GHz|
|RAM||2 GB ECC||4 GB||8 GB||16 GB|
|Bandwidth||2 TB||4 TB||5 TB||8 TB|
45 Days Money-Back • NO Contract
It is one of the leading providers of shared web hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated hosting. Their cloud hosting plans provide a wide range of exciting benefits.
- Provides significant boost in the speed with 2X faster load times as compared to shared hosting
- Flexible plans for cloud hosting with 2GB, 4GB and 6GB memory available in different plans
- High performance with support to 2 Core, 4 Core and 6 Core CPU for different plans
- Easy scalability with one click migration without downtimes
- Intuitive Dashboard to provide trends and performance stats
- Built with integrated caching and optimal caching configuration to provide high speed
- The user has total control of resource allocation without having to depend on a system admin
- Provides failover feature in case the hardware fails. The site can be quickly switched to another server
- Offers data mirroring and distributes three mirrored copies across multiple devices to ensure safety and redundancy
- Easy to use cPanel feature which gives full control to manage configurations for your website
- Low on customer support for cloud hosting
- Basic plans do not include SSL or dedicated IP
- Higher renewal rates
- Only longer duration plans for 36 months are cheaper
- Domain registration is not part of the plan
- SiteLock, Domain Privacy, and backups are separately charged and are not included in any of the plans
HostGator Cloud Hosting Plans
|CPU||2 Cores||4 Cores||6 Cores|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB|
(45-Day Money Back Guarantee)
4. Liquid Web
They do not support shared web hosting and are the well-known brand for cloud hosting and dedicated hosting. It has a cloud hosting plan to support every scale of business.
- Provides a large choice of Managed cloud VPS hosting, cloud dedicated server, and cloud sites
- Guarantees 100% uptime
- Provides excellent speed, performance with reliable services
- Includes SSD storage starting with 40 GB SSD
- Plans available for Linux as well as Windows
- Integrated cPanel
- Excellent customer support with the live chat option
- Built-in backups
- Includes Cloud-Flare CDN
- Integrated with several security features such as DDoS attack protection, integrated firewall
- Easy scalability
- Dedicated IP address
- Unlimited domains supported
- Each plan supports 5 TB bandwidth
- No money back guarantee
Liquid Web Cloud Hosting Plans
2 GB RAM
2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM
8 GB RAM
|RAM||2 GB||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|CPU||2 vCPU||4 vCPU||8 vCPU||8 vCPU|
|Space||40 GB||100 GB||150 GB||200 GB|
|Bandwidth||10 TB||10 TB||10 TB||10 TB|
Siteground is a web hosting company formed in 2004 and servicing more than 800,000 domains worldwide. It is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria.
It has data centers across 5 locations and provides shared web hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server hosting and enterprise hosting.
- Starting plan has 4 GB memory and 2 CPU cores to provide the required speed
- Extremely flexible plans. You can also customize a plan by choosing the required configurations and purchase it
- It supports SSD disks to provide ultra-fast speed
- Auto scalable resources allow you to add resources without rebooting
- 24/7 support over chat and phone along with tickets
- Handles complete infrastructure maintenance and provides daily backups. Takes 7 offsite backups for 7 consecutive days
- Free CDN
- Supports WordPress, Magento, Drupal, and Joomla
- Offers several preinstalled software with every plan
- Provides automatic updates
- Free domain name and SSL included
- Guarantees 99.9% uptime
- Free setup
- Free SSL certificates and free dedicated IP
- Pricing is expensive starting at $80 per month
SiteGround Cloud Hosting Plans
|CPU||2 Cores||3 Cores||4 Cores||8 Cores|
Hostwinds launched in 2010 provides cloud hosting which can be configured quickly. You can easily customize your server instances and deploy it. At the same time, you can choose a suitable server location.
With the 24/7 customer support, you can anytime avail their fully managed cloud hosting services. The SSD drives, enterprise-grade firewall, scalable infrastructure, and robust storage system provide seamless cloud hosting. Here you would need to pay only for the resources you use.
- Includes fully managed server setup, configuration, and migration
- Root access is included as part of cloud hosting
- Cloud hosting includes features such as – Firewall management, DNS management, snapshot creation, load balancer configurations, storage management, and several others.
- Completely customizable server configurations
- Pay based on the resources you use
- Supports up to 16 CPU, 96 GB RAM, and 750 GB storage
- Windows as well as Linux multiple versions are available for cloud hosting
- Includes basic security features and DDoS protection
- Cloud-based backup and monitoring is charged separately
- cPanel and Softaculous licenses are not included in the plan Needs to be purchased separately
Hostwinds Cloud Hosting Plans
Cloud hosting is more helpful in case you are looking out for high speed, high performance, maximum uptime, scalable solution, reliable service and easy disaster recovery.
Most of the popular and heavy traffic websites choose to use either dedicated or cloud hosting. Finally, to conclude I have provided a list of 7 best cloud web hosting providers.
If your business constantly has heavy traffic and requires reliable services, then LiquidWeb is a good choice.
The advantage with LiquidWeb is, they cater only to cloud hosting and are extremely popular for their services.
Of course not to mention, this is a good choice only if budget is not a constraint. Another equally good option is FastComet. Both of these have enhanced security features and provide some freebie services.
Hostwinds also allows you to customize your configurations before your purchase it.
With moderate pricing and no high-end security requirement, you can also try InMotion.
- Best ASP.NET Hosting Providers
- Best Dedicated Server Hosting
- 2018’s Best Node.js Hosting Providers
- Best PHP Hosting Providers
- Best Website Builders for Musicians
- Best Website Builders for Photographers
- 2018’s Best Java Hosting Providers