So, what exactly is cloud hosting?
Well, to put in the simplest form, the resources required to maintain your website are spread across more than one web server and can be across different geographical location.
Technically your website does not just rely on one server but a cluster of servers that work together often mentioned as “the cloud” which helps to keep your website up and running.
Cloud hosting greatly reduces chances of any downtime resulting due to server malfunctioning.
Another advantage is, it allows to manage peak load efficiently without bandwidth issues since another server can provide an additional resource in such cases.
2018’s Best Cloud Server Hosting List at glance:
I have been monitoring all web hosting companies Uptime Scores over the years. See details below:
|1&1 IONOS||50GB||99.98%||$15/mo.||View Plans|
Type of Cloud Server Hosting:
Most cloud server hosting is categorized as a public cloud.
Let us briefly understand the different types of cloud server hosting.
1. Public Cloud Server Hosting: A public cloud hosting provides services and infrastructure to the public and also own the onus to secure the infrastructure. The resources are usually available to multiple owners.
This also includes some tight security measures to ensure that your data remains private and secure.
2. Private Cloud Server Hosting: A private cloud server hosting is conducive in cases where security is more of a concern. These are dedicated to one organization or business and often have much more security controls.
You get to control the resource allocation completely
3. Hybrid Cloud Server Hosting: This is a combination of public and private cloud server hosting. Certain general services and customer-facing contents are placed over the public cloud and the more confidential information is placed over a private cloud.
4. Community Cloud Server Hosting: This includes sharing of infrastructure between several organizations belonging to a specific community with common concerns such as security, compliance etc.
5. Distributed Cloud Server Hosting: Such a hosting includes several sets of servers distributed in different locations. A lot of the cloud hosting providers give a combination of these different hosting options to leverage the use of infrastructure efficiently.
This could vary from Cloud VPS hosting or Cloud Dedicated hosting to Private Cloud hosting or a configurable cloud service where you can choose to alter system configurations based on your requirement.
Definitely, cloud hosting is the best alternative to high-end websites and this requires extensive research before you choose any specific provider or any specific plan.
Let me walk you through the Top 7 cloud server hosting options.
1. InMotion Hosting
InMotion is one of the largest web hosting companies. It was launched in 2001 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
They host a number of options which includes- Dedicated servers, VPS or Cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, Business hosting or shared web hosting.
- Enhanced speed and performance with 4 GB to 8 GB RAM, starting with 75 GB SSD storage and 4 TB bandwidth
- Provides live-state and scheduled snapshots which is a backup of the VPS instance, as a failsafe to rollback to in case of issues
- Provides dedicated IP
- Offers resource monitoring dashboard
- Unlimited websites allowed
- Flexible with self-managed and managed hosting
- In case of failure, can easily switch to backup server without downtime
- Good customer support
- Domain registration is free
- Free Backups
- Included SSH access and free SSL
- E-commerce optimized
- Managed hosting includes DDoS attack protection
- Free website migration
- Domain privacy is charged separately
- High priced and expensive renewal
- Managed hosting includes more security and privacy add-ons as compared to self-managed hosting
- cPanel is not part of Self-managed hosting
InMotion’s Cloud Hosting Plans
90-Day Money Back Guarantee
FastComet has been into web hosting business for over 9 years and has launched the public cloud hosting services in 2013.
It is based out of San Francisco, California. It supports shared web hosting, Cloud VPS hosting and Dedicated hosting.
- Provides high speed with starter plan supporting 2 TB data transfer and 2 GB ECC (Enterprise Network Server memory) RAM
- High performance with basic plan supporting 30 GB SSD web space and all plans support unlimited websites
- Flexible across the different plans with a support to maximum Hexa-Core 2.8 GHz CPU Power
- Free Domain name with all the plans
- Free SSH and free website transfer
- Free CloudFlare CDN
- Security, Backup, and 24/7 server monitoring included as part of the plan
- Good customer support
- Renewal prices same as initial price, with no surprises
- The Cloud VPS architecture provides reliable services and extremely great speed but makes it expensive with a basic plan of $59.95 per month
- There is a separate setup fee
- Domain privacy and offsite cloud backups are charged separately
FastComet Cloud Hosting Plans
VPS Cloud 1
VPS Cloud 2
VPS Cloud 3
VPS Cloud 4
|SSD Space||30 GB||48 GB||96 GB||192 GB|
|CPU||2.80GHz||2 x 2.80GHz||4 x 2.80GHz||6 x 2.80GHz|
|RAM||2 GB ECC||4 GB||8 GB||12 GB|
|Bandwidth||2 TB||3 TB||4 TB||8 TB|
45 Days Money-Back • NO Contract
It is one of the leading providers of shared web hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated hosting. Their cloud hosting plans provide a wide range of exciting benefits.
- Provides significant boost in the speed with 2X faster load times as compared to shared hosting
- Flexible plans for cloud hosting with 2GB, 4GB and 6GB memory available in different plans
- High performance with support to 2 Core, 4 Core and 6 Core CPU for different plans
- Easy scalability with one click migration without downtimes
- Intuitive Dashboard to provide trends and performance stats
- Built with integrated caching and optimal caching configuration to provide high speed
- The user has total control of resource allocation without having to depend on a system admin
- Provides failover feature in case the hardware fails. The site can be quickly switched to another server
- Offers data mirroring and distributes three mirrored copies across multiple devices to ensure safety and redundancy
- Easy to use cPanel feature which gives full control to manage configurations for your website
- Low on customer support for cloud hosting
- Basic plans do not include SSL or dedicated IP
- Higher renewal rates
- Only longer duration plans for 36 months are cheaper
- Domain registration is not part of the plan
- SiteLock, Domain Privacy, and backups are separately charged and are not included in any of the plans
HostGator Cloud Hosting Plans
|CPU||2 Cores||4 Cores||6 Cores|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB|
(45-Day Money Back Guarantee)
Bluehost cloud hosting was launched in 2015. It has support for shared web hosting, WordPress hosting, Dedicated hosting and Cloud hosting.
- Starter plan offering 100GB SSD with 2 cores, 2 GB RAM, and unlimited bandwidth
- The high-speed performance with the latest technology such as OpenStack and KVM hyperversion
- Can be set up instantaneously
- Enhanced Control Panel with add-on tools for management
- 24/7 managed support
- Supports dynamic resource allocation without downtime
- No setup fee
- Domain registration is free
- Less flexible plan. Cannot customize infrastructure requirement
- Domain privacy protection is charged separately
BlueHost Cloud Hosting Plans:
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB|
(30-Day Money Back Guarantee)
5. Liquid Web
They do not support shared web hosting and are the well-known brand for cloud hosting and dedicated hosting. It has a cloud hosting plan to support every scale of business.
- Provides a large choice of Managed cloud VPS hosting, cloud dedicated server, and cloud sites
- Guarantees 100% uptime
- Provides excellent speed, performance with reliable services
- Includes SSD storage starting with 40 GB SSD
- Plans available for Linux as well as Windows
- Integrated cPanel
- Excellent customer support with the live chat option
- Built-in backups
- Includes Cloud-Flare CDN
- Integrated with several security features such as DDoS attack protection, integrated firewall
- Easy scalability
- Dedicated IP address
- Unlimited domains supported
- Each plan supports 5 TB bandwidth
- No money back guarantee
Liquid Web Cloud Hosting Plans
2 GB RAM
2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM
8 GB RAM
|RAM||2 GB||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|CPU||2 vCPU||2 vCPU||4 vCPUz||8 vCPU|
|Space||40 GB||100 GB||125 GB||200 GB|
|Bandwidth||5 TB||5 TB||5 TB||5 TB|
Siteground is a web hosting company formed in 2004 and servicing more than 800,000 domains worldwide. It is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria.
It has data centers across 5 locations and provides shared web hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server hosting and enterprise hosting.
- Starting plan has 4 GB memory and 2 CPU cores to provide the required speed
- Extremely flexible plans. You can also customize a plan by choosing the required configurations and purchase it
- It supports SSD disks to provide ultra-fast speed
- Auto scalable resources allow you to add resources without rebooting
- 24/7 support over chat and phone along with tickets
- Handles complete infrastructure maintenance and provides daily backups. Takes 7 offsite backups for 7 consecutive days
- Free CDN
- Supports WordPress, Magento, Drupal, and Joomla
- Offers several preinstalled software with every plan
- Provides automatic updates
- Free domain name and SSL included
- Guarantees 99.9% uptime
- Free setup
- Free SSL certificates and free dedicated IP
- Pricing is expensive starting at $80 per month
SiteGround Cloud Hosting Plans
|CPU||2 Cores||3 Cores||4 Cores||8 Cores|
7. 1&1 IONOS
1&1 IONOS was launched in 1998. It is a web hosting company owned by United Internet. It is headquartered in Montabaur, Germany and has offices across 10 countries.
It supports shared web hosting, WordPress hosting, and cloud hosting.
1&1 IONOS’s Pros:
- Reasonably good choice of plans starting with basic plan supporting 1 Core CPU, 1 GB RAM and 50 GB SSD
- 24/7 customer support with live chat
- Free SSL certificate
- Provides flexible plan with options to customize resources based on your requirement
- Dedicated resources with dedicated IP address
- Plans also include LAMP with PHP 7.2
- Can provide high performance, high speed and supports up to 16 Cores CPU, 48 GB RAM and 500 GB SSD
- Easy setup within 55 seconds
- Allows to increase server resources without downtime
- 99.9% uptimes guarantee
- Gives the option of root access for managed resources
1&1 IONOS’s: Cons
- The domain is free for only 12 months
- Backup is not included in managed cloud hosting
- More suitable for PHP based websites
- Expensive for high configurations
1&1 IONOS Cloud Hosting Plans
Cloud Hosting M
Cloud Hosting L
Cloud Hosting XL
Cloud Hosting XXL
|CPU||1 vCore CPU||2 vCore CPU||2 vCore CPU||4 vCore CPU|
|RAM||1 GB||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|SSD Space||50 GB||80 GB||120 GB||160 GB|
Cloud hosting is more helpful in case you are looking out for high speed, high performance, maximum uptime, scalable solution, reliable service and easy disaster recovery.
Most of the popular and heavy traffic websites choose to use either dedicated or cloud hosting. Finally, to conclude I have provided a list of 7 best cloud web hosting providers.
If your business constantly has heavy traffic and requires reliable services, then LiquidWeb is a good choice.
The advantage with LiquidWeb is, they cater only to cloud hosting and are extremely popular for their services.
Of course not to mention, this is a good choice only if budget is not a constraint. Another equally good option is FastComet. Both of these have enhanced security features and provide some freebie services.
1&1 IONOS also allows you to customize your configurations before your purchase it.