You know, millions of Authors and Hundreds of Enterprises have changed their hosting from GoDaddy to InMotionhosting, BlueHost, HostGator and DreamHost in recent past. All of them were tired of expensive renewal plans, irritating customer service and vulnerable servers.
GoDaddy offers new domains for as cheap as $10 per year but when you plan to renew it the very next year they charge ten times of the initial amount. This marketing tactic must have brought in a few customers but it is not a good practice to continue with.
Web Hosting Alternatives to GoDaddy:
GoDaddy Alternatives to buy domain name:
GoDaddy Alternatives for email:
- Google apps: Use these 2 promotion code for 20% Discount: PD4XDVRHTQYKM7U and 9CUF3V6ED9ENNEY. Visit Google Apps
Alternative No 1: InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting is our first alternative for GoDaddy. They are based out of Los Angeles, CA. They have been CNET certified, have an excellent A+ rating with the BBB and have received numerous industry awards.
Why they are a good GoDaddy alternative? Here’s why:
Reason 1 – SSD Drives:
All hosting plans are powered by Solid state drives (SSD). For those who are new, SSD hard drives do not have any moving parts. So, the speed of writing and reading data is much faster. What this means to the end user? Well, your website will load faster when you compare it with GoDaddy website hosted on spinning hard disk drives.
Reason 2 – Free data backups:
You don’t need to pay for data backups done every 24 hours with InMotion hosting. Whereas in GoDaddy this is a paid option.
Reason 3 – Free Domain Credit:
I know GoDaddy offers free domain when you purchase a shared hosting plan. BUT, you have to book your domain at the time of plan purchase. In most situations, you don’t have a domain name in mind for booking. So, you either end up booking a domain which you really didn’t need or you skip getting your free domain.
That’s not the case with InMotion hosting. They allow you to book your domain at later date if you don’t have any good domain name with you at the time of plan purchase.
Reason 4 – 90 day money back guarantee:
While GoDaddy offers just 30 days money back guarantee, InMotion Hosting provides a huge 90 day guarantee.
And here’s how they compare feature wise:
|Price / mo.||$3.49||$4.99|
|Refund Period||90 days||30 Days|
|Discount||56% Off||28% Off|
Alternative No 2: BlueHost
BlueHost is owned by EIG(Endurance International Group) & it provides efficient and reliable web hosting services.
Bloggers and enterprises can host their blogs and sites without worrying about hacking or data theft. If you are comparing Bluehost and GoDaddy, you will realize BlueHost has better performing servers, effective customer support and also offers affordable renewal packages.
- Speed tests conducted by renowned agencies have shown that BlueHost offers the fastest page loading service.
- BlueHost is known for fast customer service & the quality service is irreplaceable.
- They have affordable renewal offers as well as affordable first buy options. With BlueHost you get a free domain name worth $10.
- BlueHost is aware of people migrating from GoDaddy hence they have developed a faster cPanel that helps customer install varied CMS like Joomla and WordPress within seconds.
Here’s why BlueHost is a good GoDaddy Alternative:
Reason 1 – CloudSites:
There’s nothing which worries a website owner than a site downtime. It can lead to lost customers and lost Google rankings. BlueHost has a solution to this – CloudSites. So, when there is any hardware failure, their failover technology automatically shows copy of your site on another server – thus ensure Zero downtime.
Reason 2 – Resource Protection:
In case of Shared hosting, there are situations when some websites start using excessive resources (during traffic spikes) and affects the performance of other websites hosted on the same server. BlueHost, thru their technology, temporarily re-assigns these excessive resource websites to isolated systems. This way your website performance is not affected.
There is no such system with GoDaddy.
Reason 3 – Training Videos:
What I really like about BlueHost when it comes to help is their Training Videos. They have published some of the best help videos. I know there are How to videos for GoDaddy. But these are NOT created by GoDaddy but by individuals. So, quality is not good and some of them are not updated to the latest changes in GoDaddy.
Since the training videos are created by BlueHost themselves, they take care to update it to the latest changes. I really like their WordPress Walkthrough series. If you are a newbie to WordPress, due checkout the WordPress series.
Reason 4 – WooCommerce Hosting:
what WooCommerce is. BlueHost offers direct WooCommerce Hosting, so you don’t spend time installing it. With GoDaddy, you have to get the hosting first then install WordPress and WooCommerce to get started. It’s just waste of time and efforts.
See Bluehost WooCommerce Hosting plans.
Reason 5 – Inbuilt Content Delivery Network:
Cloudflare is a World Leader in Content Delivery Network. Content Delivery Network (CDN) automatically increases the performance of your website by distributing it on various servers around the world. Even if your site’s server is in Los Angeles, a New York user “see” the website copy which is residing on a server near to New York. The lag due to distance is not there when you use a CDN network.
BlueHost has CloudFlare built directly into them. So you can enable CloudFlare on any of your website without writing a single piece of code.
There is no such thing with GoDaddy.
Reason 6 – Pricing
And of course, all the above features mean nothing if it’s not backed by a good price. Regular BlueHost prices are cheaper than GoDaddy by a good margin.
See the current BlueHost Plans here.
And here’s how they compare feature wise:
|Price / mo.||$2.95||$4.99|
|Refund Period||Anytime||30 Days|
|Discount||63% Off||28% Off|
Get maximum discount on BlueHost and a Free Domain:
Alternative No 3: HostGator
HostGator has similarities with DreamHost. Both of them offer hosting plans that are comparable with GoDaddy hosting plans. The downtime for these servers is really low when compared to servers of GoDaddy.
- Three different plans to choose from: Hatchling Plan, Baby Plan and Business Plan. One can also make use of discount coupons and grab cheap hosting services.
- Unlike GoDaddy HostGator servers have never been left vulnerable to hackers. They have an uptime of 99.99 percent, which guarantees a good reputation and also increases trust.
- High performance is guaranteed. You can have low traffic or high traffic the performance of the server is never going to vary.
- Customer service of HostGator has been rated the best by varied agencies. They have showcased equal efficiency across the globe.
|Price / mo.||$8.76||$4.99|
|Page Load Time||2.01 Seconds||2.64 Seconds|
|Refund Period||45 Days||30 Days|
|Discount||20% off||28% off|
Get maximum discount on HostGator hosting:
Alternative No 4: DreamHost
DreamHost plan offers unlimited storage for everything. You will have access to unlimited email and hosting space. You are not bound to pay extra for more space and when compared to GoDaddy the renewal packages are very much affordable.
- Unlimited storage space for everything in one plan.
- Secure and reliable servers. Serial entrepreneurs prefer DreamHost to GoDaddy and every other hosting server.
- Uploading and running WordPress on DreamHost is easier when compared to GoDaddy.
- DreamHost has introduced money back offers for unsatisfied clients. A client can cancel the hosting services within 97 days and receive 100 percent refund.
|Price / mo.||$5.95||$4.99|
|Free domain?||1 for life||No|
|Refund Period||97 Days||30 Days|
|Discount||40% Off||28% Off|
Get maximum discount on DreamHost SSD Web hosting
If I were to choose from any of the above alternatives, then I would definitely choose BlueHost.
Because BlueHost offers a perfect balance between performance and cost. Not to mention their excellent Customer Support.
But as I always say, there is no “Perfect Web Hosting” company. You need to find the one which fits your need.
However, if you are still not able to decide the hosting company, I would suggest to check my BuzzFeed Style Hosting Quiz. All you need to enter is your requirements and it will show you the right web hosting company that fits your needs.
And if you find my article useful, do let me know which alternative you decided to switch in the comments below.
Another web hosting company I have monitored by hosting my demo website called A2 Hosting. I have found great uptime and fast load times compare to Godaddy. Read A2 Hosting’s Pros & Cons if you want to know more about it.
Good luck with your hosting!
Latest posts by Chris Wagner (see all)
- BlueHost Vs GreenGeeks – WINNER Based on My Experience - October 17, 2017
- GoDaddy Promo Code for October 2017 - October 16, 2017
- DreamHost Vs BlueHost Comparison – FACTS Based on My Experience - October 11, 2017