People start a blog for various reasons. Some do it just to share opinions, some to share their experiences while some do it for earning.
Just don’t sit idle or stay boring and waste those writing skills that you have.
Thinking of starting a blog? That’s a good thing.
But before that, you need to know a few things. Right now, let’s look at some of the best free blog sites which will help you create a blog.
Here we go…
WordPress.com is a website builder that allows you to build websites or blogs. You can also create a portfolio website or your online shopping store with WordPress.
It has got a large set of blogging tools that allows you to create a blog and share it over social media. You can re-edit the blog and publish it again on your WordPress site. It comes up with a free plan.
- Upload or Embed Media
- Search Engine Optimized
- Built-in Social Sharing
- Customizable Themes
- Allows to add custom domains
- You can add custom domains
- You can upload or embed media files such as photos, audios, videos, documents, etc.
- Analyzes and provides statistics about the visitors of your site
- Limited functions are available in the free plan
There is a free plan available
Blogger provides afree blogging platform for everyone. It is also equipped with tutorials for beginners. Not only it offers a free domain, but it also offers you a chance to earn money through your blogs by posting Ads on your site.
There is no limit on creating a number of posts or uploading pictures on the website.
- Website Visitors Analytics
- Free Domain
- Earning through Google AdSense
- Supports Media attachments
- You can earn through Google AdSense which posts relevant ads on your site
- You get a free domain
- This website lets you blog for free
- No customer support or live chat option
- Limited themes and layouts
Wix is a cloud-based website that offers a platform to create websites, blogs, online stores, etc. All you need to do is pick a blog name, write the content, connect it to your domain and then share it.
It also allows you to collaborate with other writers or bloggers and let them guest post on your site.
- Drag-and-Drop Facility
- Allows to upload your own fonts
- Scroll Effects
- Media Galleries
- Visitors Analytics
- It lets you upload your own fonts or choose from the 100 inbuilt fonts
- Doesn’t offer a domain
Free plan available
Bravenet is afree blog maker that has a drag-and-drop page builder. It also consists of a message board, guestbook, poll and contact forms. They also offer you stock photographs from which you can select a few when creating a blog.
It has an inline editing feature that lets you click anywhere and edit the blog.
- Custom Domains
- Embed Media
- Customizable Themes
- Real-Time Statistics
- Inline Editing
- Blogs are also supported on mobile devices
- Allows you to upload and embed pictures as well as videos
- You need to buy a domain from Bravenet
Squarespace is a multipurpose website builder. You can start a blogging website, an online store, design a portfolio website, etc. using Squarespace.
It allows you to restore original content along with the template anytime. Gallery display effects include hover effect and transition effect. You can also set a password per page and Squarespace also supports podcasts on its page with audio block availability.
- Template Switching Option
- Custom CSS Editor
- Drag-and-Drop Image Management
- Dropbox File Synchronization
- Automatic Image Scaling
- They offer logo making service
- You can run videos in the background
- WYSIWYG editing facility is available
- The pricing is high
Free trial available
It is definitely hard to choose what to write in our blog about. But once you have decided, you then need to find a blogging website.
Ning offers you a platform to create blogs and also add elements such as images, audios, videos, etc. as well as share your content on social media.
- Visitor Analytics
- MailChimp Email Automation
- Content Monetization
- Custom Domain
- Social Integration
- Allows to add audios, videos, podcasts, etc. along with the content in your blog
- They provide domain and hosting services
- Customer support service is slow
They offer a 14-day-free trial
Tilda is a website builder that allows you to build and edit all the elements of your website. You can build a landing page that includes a call-to-action button, forms, features as well as a feedback section.
You can also upload videos on your blog site or link the videos directly from Vimeo or YouTube.
- 450 Pre-designed Blocks
- Fullscreen Photographs
- Background Video
- A/B Testing
- Multiple Landing Pages
- You can embed videos from YouTube or Vimeo
- Website is adaptive to any screen size
- Doesn’t support uploading of PDF or WORD Document
Free plan available
Write.as is a blog writing and publishing platform where you can write anonymously and publish your content. They do not offer the like button, the comment button or a notify button for the privacy of your content.
For running the trial version, it doesn’t require you to sign up and you can start writing and publishing your content directly.
- Open Developer API
- Unlimited Trial
- 3 cross-posts
- No-Ads on Blog
- You can write anonymously on your blog
- They offer unlimited trials and no ads are displayed on your website
- It doesn’t support custom domain
- There is no password protection offered to blogs
Free plan available
Tumblr is afree blog maker that allows you to post anything that you like. It supports multiple files such as text, images, audios, links, videos, etc. that you can post on your Tumblr dashboard.
You can follow and comment on a certain type of blog or write your own blog and share it with everyone.
- Post multiple file-type
- Follow other Blogs
- Add comments
- Share links
- It allows to search and looks for the type of content you are looking for
- Supports multiple types of files to share
- No domain available
- No privacy on your blog
These are some of the bestfree blogging sites that you can visit and start creating blogs upon. Once you are done with making a blog, it’s now time to promote your blog.
Check out this article on how you can promote your blog once you have created it. Here, there are 151 different methods that you can try for promoting your content.
Are you ready then? Let us know which website would you choose for blogging. Please leave a comment below.