Node.js is a relatively newer technology and is trending everywhere, especially in web development. It has several benefits and probably that is also one of the reasons why its popularity is on the rise.
Node.js was first launched in 2009 and has its stable latest version released in 2018.
With Node.js a single unified platform can be used for the client as well as server-side scripting. Few of the top brands include – GoDaddy, Groupon, LinkedIn, Netflix, Microsoft, PayPal, Yahoo, Walmart to name a few.
Why should you use?
Well, if you are still thinking if Node.js is beneficial; then let me give you a few benefits of using Node.js.
Definitely, Node.js is a trending technology and provides a new perspective to web development.
- Node.js is light-weight, powerful, efficient and fast
- Users can have a single unified language for complete web development, unlike the traditional approach where one language is used for client-side development and another for server-side development.
- Node.js does not have a steep learning curve. Once it is learned, this can be easily used for complete website development.
- Development using Node.js is easy as well is highly accelerated due to the technology’s lightness. There are several open source JS tools available
- Node.js has a huge community support which provides a large number of open source JS tools at regular intervals.
- The technology is built for scalable environments. It is the best-suited technology choice for microservice architecture. It is easy to add new modules to the app logic.
- Node.js has a faster response time. It creates a limited number of threads while handling a large number of concurrent requests. Owing to this fewer resources are engaged and hence the response times are faster.
- Node.js can work on almost all platforms such as Windows, Unix, MacOS, FreeBSD and many more.
While you plan to adapt to Node.js, you also require to know the best Node.js provider available in the market.
I have conducted extensive research and compiled this list of free and paid Node.js hosting providers.
Here we have given rank based on our experience.
2019’s Best Node.js Hosting:
|Node.js Hosting||Storage||Bandwidth||Usability||Price/mo.||My Rating|
|Fastcomet||15 GB SSD||Unmetered||Good||$2.95||★★★★|
Without further ado, let’s dive into a detailed review of each Node.js hosting.
Through this post, I will walk you through the different best suitable Node.js providers.
This was first launched in 1999 and has a customer base of over 343, 196. At any point in time, from the cPanel, you can enable Node.js hosting.
Here is the Smarterasp.net Node.js Plan includes:
The Basic plan, as well as the most advanced plans, include most of the features. They only differ in configuration.
With the Basic plan, you receive general hosting features, Windows-specific hosting features, MySQL, and scripting to name a few.
Their technical configuration includes-
- Windows 2016/2012 features such as IIS 10.X, IIS 8.X access
- Support for MySQL and MSSQL. MSSQL 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 supported
- Email hosting features such as webmail, SMTP, POP3, IMAP and other essential features
- Scripting support which includes several features along with node.js
- Several preinstalled components such as PHPMailer, CDO, JMail, and others
Speed and Reliability – Smarterasp.net provides considerable speed. It has SSD application server cloud, SSD File storage cloud, CloudFlare CDN.
It also guarantees 99.9% uptime.
Free Trial – You can try their free hosting services for a trial period of 30 days. This also includes free trial support which is 24/7. With the trial, you also get a temporary domain name.
If you share it, you get an additional credit of 30 days. In total, you can have a free trial of 60 days. Unlike other Node.js hosting platforms, Smarterasp.net allows you to have a long trial period to explore its features and accessibility.
Add-on Support – Smarterasp.net has a list of one-click installation for several apps. Few of these are Acquia Drupal, Umbraco, DasBlog, BlogEngine.net and many more.
Also included are several preinstalled components. This includes- PHPMailer, JMail, ADO.net, CDO, FSO and several others.
Security – Smarterasp.net has a firewall to protect the traffic. Apart from this, it has anti-virus and anti-spam protection. Included is automatic data backup.
It maintains SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type 2 Compliance.
Smarterasp.net Customer Support:
Smarterasp.net has a large collection of knowledge base and tutorials on its website. You can reach them over live chat, email, phone, and tickets. There is also a section of the website dedicated to the FAQ.
Their live chat is extremely fast and responsive. You would get a reply almost instantaneously. Also, the customer support representative provided some quick reference links from the website.
2. A2 Hosting
To begin with, let me talk about A2 Hosting for Node.js hosting.
It was first launched in 2001 and provides support for Linux and Windows based hosting.
A2 Hosting has a wide range of developer friendly functionalities, specially designed for Node.js hosting.
A2 hosting provides 3 different hosting plans-
|SSL & SSD||Free||Free||Free|
|Number of Sites||1||Unlimited||Unlimited|
With the basic plan, you get support for 1 website, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth. Well not just this, you can anytime get your money back.
Other things you enjoy include- unlimited monthly data transfer, cPanel access, 25 email addresses, 5 MySQL databases, 1 domain, 5 subdomains and 25 parked domains.
Their technical configurations support-
- RAID 10 Storage
- SSD for OS, Database, and files
- Turbo server to support 20 times faster speed for Turbo plan
- 1 x 2.1 GHz to 2 x 2.1 GHz cores
- CloudFlare Free CDN
- Minimum 12 Core Server
- Minimum 64 GB RAM server
A2 Hosting Feature:
Speed – In terms of speed A2 Hosting is fast owing to its infrastructure as well as the added advantage of Node.js hosting.
A2 Hosting server speed test – A+. Credit: Bitcatcha
The CloudFlare CDN along with a minimum 12 core server and minimum 64 GB RAM server adds on to the speed.
Reliability and Uptime – A2 Hosting guarantees 99.9% uptime. It has a quadruple redundant network with a balanced number of accounts in each server. This helps to balance the load on each server, making their services more reliable.
A2 Hosting has redundant power along with expertly tuned servers. All this is combined with 24/7 network monitoring.
Developer Features – A2 Hosting has a wide support for different technical specifications. So if you are tech savvy and want to try out multiple technologies, this is a good choice.
It has support for multiple PHP versions. Supports either 5 databases or unlimited databases, based on the chosen plan.
Supports MySQL 5.6 database, PostgreSQL 9.6, SSH, Rsync, Node.js, Apache 2.4, Git, CVS, Subversion, and Mercurial. A2 Hosting additionally also supports Python 2.6, 2.7, 3,2, Ruby 1.8, PERL 5.10, FTP and SSL.
Control Panel – The cPanel included in A2 Hosting is user-friendly. This provides multilingual support. The Softaculous supports the one-click installation of several apps. The cPanel supports quick google apps setup along with a web-based file manager.
Using the cPanel you can get access to multiple e-commerce functionalities. You can have one-click installation for Magento, OpenCart, PrestaShop, AbanteCart. Other popular one-click setup includes- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, CubeCart, B2evolution, phpBB, and SMF.
Analytics – A2 Hosting has a good collection for e-commerce and analytics. With this, you can access raw log files, Webalizer Visitor statistics, and AWStats. You can analyze website statistics and visitor statistics.
As part of website promotion you get free Bing and Yahoo Ad Credits, contact Email Marketing Trial and the website will be listed on Google within 24 hours.
A2 Hosting Customer Support:
A2 Hosting can be reached over phone, email, tickets and live chat. There is a separate support to answer queries about existing services. Apart from this, there is support for sales and billing. It guarantees a 24/7 customer support.
Their website has a dedicated knowledge base which covers various topics. Topics include set up guides, cPanel guide, and several other topics.
To further explore this, I tried their live chat option. The live chat was almost immediate and the customer support representative provided answers to every query.
Bisend is well-known for using the latest technology, flexible pricing, and customer support.
It has 3 different pricing options-
|Storage||10GB SSD||Unlimited SSD||Unlimited SSD|
|Number of Sites||1||5||Unlimited|
All of these plans are exclusively for Node.js hosting. The basic plan uses standard servers. Included is a free SSL with this plan. It supports Plesk onyx for easy management.
The technical specifications included are-
- SSD disk space support between 10 GB to Unlimited based on the plan
- 50 GB to unlimited bandwidth
- The plans include standard server, 2x faster servers, and 4x faster servers
- Two datacenters – the United States and Hong Kong
- Supports PHP 7.x, MySQL 5.6
Bisend Hosting server speed test – A+. Credit: Bitcatcha
Add-ons – The Plesk onyx is easy to use and provides one-click installation to several apps. You can easily add Node.js applications from here.
This provides support to various WordPress toolkits. One can easily take backup and restore from here. You can transfer the WordPress site, update WordPress themes, source codes and plugins automatically.
Money-Back: Bisend offers a 30-day money back guarantee. This is also included for Node.js hosting.
Security: Bisend provides automatic backups of data. It also has anti-virus and anti-spam protection. This prevents website hacking.
Also included is the SSL certificate.
Bisend Customer Support:
The website has a blog section which also serves as a knowledge base. Also included is a FAQ. Apart from this, you can reach them through live chat, phone, email or by raising a ticket.
FastComet was first launched 9 years back and launched a public cloud hosting service in 2013. It has over 45000 customers in 83 countries.
FastComet integrates the latest technology to provide high speed and performance.
FastComet has 3 different plans:
|Storage||15 GB SSD||25GB SSD||35GB SSD|
|CPU Cores||2 Cores||2 Cores||2 Cores|
|RAM||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB|
|Number of Sites||1||Unlimited||Unlimited|
With the basic plan, you get 15 GB SSD storage, 2 GB RAM, and unmetered traffic. The basic plan starts at $2.95/month and has a renewal at the same pricing.
Their technical configuration supports-
- 15 GB to 35 GB SSD storage
- 2 Cores to 6 Cores
- 2 GB to 6 GB RAM
- Free DNS management
- Bash, Python, Perl, MySQL support
Pricing – FastComet has a very affordable pricing. The basic plan starts at $2.95 per month. If for some reason you feel your Node.js website would require more resources, then you can upgrade to a higher plan which costs $5.95/month.
Not only are these plan affordable but also the renewal is at the same cost. This makes FastComet an affordable option in the long run.
Speed – Speed definitely is an added advantage you get with FastComet. Needless to say, it makes use of the latest technology to provide high performance and reliable services along with great speed.
FastComet Hosting server speed test – A+. Credit: Bitcatcha
Security – Security is something that FastComet takes on high priority. It has most of the essential security features as part of the plan. This includes network firewall, web application firewall, brute-force protection.
Additionally, all hosting plans include a free Content Delivery Network (Cloudflare CDN).
Other security features included are Malware protection, Password protection, two-factor authentication, BitNinja server security, account isolation, CageFS security. The plans for Node.js hosting include daily backups as well as constant server monitoring.
Free Trial – FastComet has a 45-day money back guarantee for all the plans. However, in addition to this for Node.js hosting, you also receive a 14-day free trial.
This is part of only the Node.js hosting and allows users to try their website over Node.js hosting before committing to a specific plan.
FastComet Customer Support:
FastComet has good customer support over email, live chat, and phone. It provides 24/7 support. On their website, you would find several useful resources and free tutorials which can help you launch your website.
SiteGround was first launched in 2004 and is servicing more than 1,000,000 domains worldwide.
This is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Node.js is supported only over dedicated servers and not on shared servers.
SiteGround Node.js hosting has three plans-
|Storage||480GB SSD||960GB SSD||2x960GB SSD|
|CPU Cores||4 CPU||4 CPU||4 CPU|
|RAM||16GB DDR3||32GB DDR3||64GB DDR3|
Since this is dedicated hosting you get high speed and performance. The basic plan includes active server monitoring, free CloudFlare CDN, two free dedicated IPs, root access.
Their technical configurations support:
- The processor speed varies between 2.00 GHz to 3.50 GHz
- The plans support 4 Core CPU to 2 x 6 CPU core
- Other CPU configurations included are 8 CPU threads to 2 x 12 CPU threads
- RAM configuration varies between 16 GB to 64 GB DDR3
- Bandwidth supported is 10 TB
SiteGround Hosting Features:
Speed – Since SiteGround uses dedicated hosting for Node.js, this has considerably high speed. Its high RAM configuration along with CloudFlare CDN ensures your website has good speed.
SiteGround Hosting server speed test – A+. Credit: Bitcatcha
Security and Reliability – SiteGround Node.js hosting, by all means, is reliable and maintains a constant uptime. It guarantees a 99.99% uptime. SiteGround typically maintains a 100% uptime.
SiteGround has good security features and incorporates account isolation. It ensures regular security updates and patches are applied. This also has constant server monitoring with daily backups.
SiteGround is one of the few hosting platforms which has anti-bot AI to prevent brute force attacks.
Add-on Services – SiteGround provides several add-on services. This includes full management of servers and keeping the software updated.
Other pre-installed features included are – WHM and cPanel, Exim Mail Server, Softaculous auto installer, 5 PHP versions, SSH access, 5 free dedicated IPs, private DNS server setup.
cPanel – SiteGround has an intuitive and easy to use cPanel. This enables auto updates and one-click installation of several apps. Using the cPanel, you can add new features as well as make backend changes.
cPanel softaculous enables one-click installation of multiple apps along with the easy installation of Joomla, WordPress, Magento, PrestaShop and many more.
SiteGround Customer Support:
SiteGround enables tickets, calls, chats, and emails to reach their customer support. It also has a dedicated blog. Apart from this, you can use their advanced expertise for any technical help.
3 FREE Node.js hosting
Next, let us check free node.js hosting options. To begin with, I will provide details about Heroku.
Heroku is a popularly known cloud platform based service which supports several languages including Node.js.
It was first launched in 2007 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA. Supported languages include- Java, Scala, Clojure, Python, PHP, Node.js and GO. Heroku has several products.
- With Heroku, you can start for free. Unlike other Node.js hosting platforms which have a specific hosting price.
- Heroku is cloud-based and has an architecture which can support high speed. You get high speed at low cost
- It supports optimized and effective storage. Something which is required for Node.js hosting. It offers an optimized combination of CPU, RAM, and SSD
- Heroku is easy to start with and has ample of documentation support, especially for more technical users
- Suitable for low traffic Node.js websites
- Pricing for handling high traffic is expensive
- Complex for beginners
- Low on customer support
2. RedHat OpenShift:
This is a product of RedHat for container-based software deployment.
It was initially launched in 2011 and is open source. It has multiple model-based architectures.
RedHat OpenShift: Pros
- Free for low traffic. For manageable traffic, this is an affordable option
- Provides huge community support
- Quick to build and deploy
- Supports application scaling easily
- The architecture supports multicores to provide high speed.
- Provides knowledge base and supporting literature for Node.js hosting
RedHat OpenShift: Cons
- It has a steep learning curve. More suitable for advanced users
- No live chat option to quickly get in touch with customer support
Openode is dedicated Node.js hosting service. It is a cloud-based hosting.
This is open source and provides community support.
With the Sandbox, you can have multiple deployments.
- Openode has affordable pricing even if you do not choose a sandbox
- Provides community support
- It has sufficient documentation support over its official website
- Flexible plans with affordable pricing
- Provides application scalability support
- Steep learning curve. Requires some coding efforts
- Does not have a direct live chat support
Node.js is trending technology and many are preferring to migrate to Node.js. Node.js requires more resource in terms of memory and storage as compared to conventional forms of hosting.
Through this review, I have provided you 5 paid Node.js hosting options along with 3 well-known free Node.js hosting option.
Well, while the free services have several advantages, the downside is a lack of customer support and the complexity of getting started.
This is something that requires more technical expertise and in-depth knowledge about the subject matter. Definitely not a choice if you want your website up and running in a very limited time frame.
The other paid options like SiteGround is more expensive owing to the dedicated infrastructure they support for Node.js hosting. This is a good choice for a fairly large scale website, provided budget is not a constraint.
Anyway, A2 Hosting as well as FastComet is a suitable choice for Node.js hosting and provides a wide range of add-on services. Between the two, FastComet is a more preferable choice owing to its budget-friendly plan, free trial option, and array of security features.
- Best ASP.NET Hosting Providers
- Best Cloud Hosting Providers
- Best Dedicated Server Hosting
- Best PHP Hosting Providers
- Best Website Builders for Musicians
- Best Website Builders for Photographers
- 2019’s Best Java Hosting Providers