Are you looking for the top A/B testing tools on the market today? You’re in the right place.
These days, the only way to make sure that you’re getting the most out of your landing pages, social media ads, digital content and website pages, is to test them.
Something as small as the wrong word in your title, or the wrong color on your CTA button could mean the difference between a sale, and cart abandonment.
A/B testing tools are how you check that every component of your digital assets, from fonts through to graphics, is working as it should be.
The question is, which A/B testing tools will help you to gather the most valuable data in 2019?
Read on for 11 fantastic options.
1. AB Tasty
A/B Tasty is a simple split-testing tool that allows users to experiment with their landing pages, web designs, and online assets.
The platform comes with access to advanced targeting tools to help you personalize different versions of your content to specific audiences.
There’s also support for pop-up form testing, in-depth integrations with your website-building and email marketing tools, and immersive analytics for over 150 website metrics.
A/B Tasty gives businesses the tools they need to build split tests, learn more about their audience, and present compelling reports to teams and shareholders.
Custom quote – your price depends on the kind of features you want.
- Excellent WYSIWYG editor A/B testing
- Multivariate and funnel tests available
- Multiple integrations with leading tools
- Compatible with a range of coding frameworks
- Native application tests for iOS and Android SDKs
- Expensive compared to some tools
- Quite a high learning curve for beginners
VWO is a conversion optimization and A/B testing tool intended to provide businesses with an all-in-one platform for split testing and analytics.
With VWO, you can conduct visitor research, built a strategy for a stronger online presence, and run continuous experimentations.
Currently, more than 4,500 high-growth brands trust VWO to support their growth as a leading split testing tool, including eBay, Ubisoft, and Virgin Holidays.
VWO benefits from state-of-the-art technology, like an asynchronous smart code which makes sure that your split tests don’t slow down your website. There’s also plenty of out-of-the-box integrations with third-party applications too.
Starting at $199 per month. The basic package is $199 per month, with options to upgrade to “Pro” and “Enterprise” with a custom quote.
- Free trial available
- Immersive split testing options
- High-grade security throughout
- Integrations and APIs possible
- State-of-the-art technology keeps your website running fast
- Not a lot of customer support available unless you’re in the premium package
- Lacks some advanced features
- No dashboard overview for reports
Thrive Optimize is an A/B testing tool designed by Thrive Themes. The solution offers easy split testing and optimization options to smaller businesses and freelancers so that anyone can increase their conversion rates, without having to learn complex coding.
Thrive Optimize ensures that you can test the performance of multiple different versions of crucial web pages and content assets over several days, weeks, or months.
There’s no sophisticated technology to deal with, all you need to do is add A/B testing to your Thrive Architect tool, and you’re ready to start checking the performance of your pages, direct from your WordPress website.
This software is quick, easy, and straightforward – although you don’t get the advanced features like in-depth reports and heatmaps, you might find from other providers.
$19 to $177 per month depending on the number of licenses you want.
- Easy to use for beginners
- Embeds straight into your WordPress experience
- Simple and effective A/B testing
- Combines with Thrive architect
- Affordable pricing
- No advanced heatmaps or reporting features
- Need to use it with Thrive Architect
- Doesn’t work on non-WordPress sites
Nelio testing is one of the top A/B testing tools online today for WordPress users. It works as an add-on for your WP site, so you can consistently test the performance of critical pages online.
You can fully automate Nelio so that it applies the winning version of your pages to your WordPress when your tests are done. Additionally, there’s the option to test pretty much everything you can think of, from custom fonts to headlines and themes.
Features like heatmaps and advanced reporting make it easier to showcase the results of your split tests to shareholders and marketing teams too.
$29 per month to $239 per month.
- Heatmaps and click maps included
- Unlimited experiments even at the basic pricing level
- eCommerce support available
- Cloud tracking included
- Works within WordPress
- Doesn’t work on non-WP sites
- Expensive for bigger companies
Created for small to mid-sized businesses, Convert is an immersive and straightforward solution for A/B testing and in-house optimization.
One of the reasons why this tool is so popular today is that it comes with excellent customer service support from the Convert team. There’s even a live chat option.
Convert stands out as the go-to A/B testing solution for brands like Jabra, UNICEF, and Sony. It comes with access to split testing and multivariate testing, as well as multi-page experiment tools. You’ll have no problem using this solution, even if you’re just getting started.
There’s also an advanced segmentation tool that you can use to split your lists based on their historical behavior and cookies. Convert.com is 100% privacy regulation compliant too.
$599 to $799 per month
- Wide range of A/B testing options
- Completely compliant split-testing tool
- Great customer support and service
- Free trial available
- Fast performance
- Very expensive
- Complicated to use at first
Simple page tester is one of the best tools for A/B testing because it does what it says on the tin. With this software, you get a quick and easy way to test your digital assets, without having to learn any complicated code.
Three simple steps are all it takes to establish a variation of your landing page or content and set up your test. The software will track crucial metrics for you, and let you know when you should choose a winner. There’s also a plugin available so you can work directly from WordPress.
The best thing about this tool is that there’s a 100% free option available too!
$59 to $149 per license.
- Easy to use for beginners
- Super-fast set-up
- Plugin for WordPress
- Free for life version available
- SEO friendly
- No advanced features like heat maps
- Doesn’t work outside of WordPress
NotifyVisitors is a multi-channel solution for customer engagement, intended to help companies connect with customers at every stage of the buying journey.
You can use these tools to reach your customers through push notifications and feedback surveys, or just A/B test your landing pages.
With heatmaps and advanced analytics built-in, it’s easy to figure out how your customers are spending their time on your website, and what you need to do to encourage conversions. You can even set up multiple targeting rules for automated advertising.
If you need help figuring out how to use this software, you can ask for a free Skype demo from a member of the team.
Request a quote
- Easy to use editor
- Heatmaps and advanced analytics included
- No coding knowledge required
- Support for optimized pop-ups and push notifications
- Visual A/B testing reports
- Pricing isn’t predictable
- No organic WordPress integration
Convertize promises to help businesses optimize their websites using the basics of customer psychology, along with automated A/B testing.
The autopilot feature on this software dynamically allocates traffic to different versions of your webpage and identifies the best variation for you based on crucial metrics.
There’s a free thirty-day trial available so you can make sure that the service is right for you before you invest. What’s more, the whole experience is designed to be as straight-forward as possible, with hybrid statistics to guide your decision making.
You can even set up nudge notifications when you know more about how your audience interacts with your website.
$49 per month (solo) to $799 per month (Agency)
- Autopilot testing mode
- Smart plugins available
- Unlimited projects
- Extensive platform and website integration support
- 30-day free trial
- Bit of a learning curve for beginners
- Can be quite expensive for agencies
- No heat maps
Apptimize is one of the top A/B testing tools designed specifically for businesses running mobile-centric sales funnels.
If your company runs around mobile sites and apps, then Apptimize will give you all the functionality you need to ensure your users are having the right experience.
You’ll be able to run immersive cross-platform experiments, create unique and meaningful moments for crucial clients, and launch new versions of pages without hassle.
What’s more, Apptimize comes with a fantastic data system that pulls useful information together into a complete report of your app’s performance. This means that presenting your results to business leaders and shareholders is a breeze.
Quote offered on request
- Excellent mobile-first tool
- Cross-platform experiments across multiple channels
- Instant updates on how your campaigns are doing
- Automatic event importing available
- Customization options for unique client moments
- Unpredictable pricing structure
- Higher price for advanced features
Advertised as the “all-in-one” solution to your A/B testing needs, Sitegainer delivers experimentation options to millions of websites around the world.
This tool doesn’t just specialize in A/B testing; it also offers multivariate testing, pop-up templates, and surveys too.
You can create personalized campaigns based on the information you learn from your site analytics, and access immersive heat-maps for an insight into how people engage with your pages.
The great thing about Sitegainer is that the unique website editor loads straight onto your website so that you can change components of your experiments in seconds.
Quote available on request (free trial available)
- Heatmaps and advanced reporting included
- Unique site editor loads straight onto your website
- Easy to use – even for beginners
- Multivariate testing, popups, and surveys included
- Free trial available
- No obvious pricing on the website
- Takes time to get used to the software
Finally, AB Press optimizer is one of the best tools for A/B testing on the market when you need freedom and flexibility. Every pricing package comes with unlimited experiments and unlimited variations to work with. Additionally, there are no hidden fees to worry about.
You can access all of the information about your latest experiments in your AB Press Optimizer dashboard at the touch of a button. With real-time results, it’s easy to choose winners for your campaigns quickly and confidently.
There’s also excellent support available from a dedicated team of customer service agents if you have trouble with the software.
$49 to $199 one-off purchase
- Excellent customer support
- Unlimited experimentations and variation
- Real-time results dashboard
- Easy-to-use set-up and interface
- Automated tracking available
- You need to renew your license key regularly
- Updates to the software can be a little slow
In this list, we’ve covered some of the best tools for A/B testing on the market today.
The one that’s right for you will depend on the kind of results you want to get with your optimization solution. If you’re looking for something that works specifically with WordPress, the Simple Page Tester, Thrive Optimize, or Nelio may be your best options.
If you need something for any site, then Sitegainer, AB Press Optimizer, and Apptimize are excellent too.
Think about what kind of tools you need most from your split testing tool, and what sort of budget you have to work with. You’re sure to find that at least one of the options on this list works for you.
Do you know any top A/B testing tools we haven’t covered? Tell us about them in the comments below!